Pump Up Your Fall Fundraiser!
Looking for the perfect fundraiser to bring in those much-needed funds for your school or organization? This year, why not change things up and breathe new life into your fundraiser? Maximize your efforts by bringing in more supporters; thus, increasing your ability to raise more funds.
Try a few of these ideas to pump up your fundraiser this fall:
- Go online. If your organization has a website, start a separate page or blog post that tells about the fundraiser. Share this through social media, and encourage others to do the same. The more shares, the more exposure you’ll enjoy!
- Use social media! Creating a Facebook page/event or the equivalent on another platform allows people to see what is happening and to share in the updates. Invite teachers, coaches, athletes, and anyone who is involved, and ask them to share the page.
- Organize it around another event. Does the choir or band have a concert coming soon? Is there a big football game happening this weekend? Leverage the traffic created by other events by setting up a stand next to the concessions or entrance to increase your exposure.
- Tell your story. Create a short narrative about who you are to have a better chance at really reaching your prospective buyers. The second step is to share your story. You can do this live at an event, through social media, in print, or via email.
- Donor testimonials. Think National Public Radio for a moment. The donor testimonials can be very effective if they explain who they are, why they give, and what the benefits of giving are. It encourages others to feel that they too can make a difference.
- Stay focused on your goals and inspiration. Amongst the organizing and marketing, your goals can get lost. Take a moment to refocus now and then. Remember what is important and why you are doing your fundraiser.
- Stay personal. And thank people. You probably have a bunch of people helping you. Thank them. If nothing else, this may make it easier for them to help you in the future.
Using just a few of these steps will make your fundraiser better than ever this year! Get pumped up and organized to have a great fundraiser this fall!