5 Great Ways to Jumpstart Your Fundraising This Summer
These are the hot days of summer. Awesome! Time for some relaxing days in the sun.
Some of us, however, like to get a head start on planning lessons, outlining projects, and reading textbooks.
Ready for the next project?
With a little planning this summer, you can make your fundraising easier. Sure, you have plenty of lesson plans and new curriculum to review, but jumpstarting fundraisers can make a huge difference when fall rolls around.
According to EasyFundraisingIdeas.com, more than 75% of parents feel like their school holds way too many fundraisers. So make what you do count for more. Start planning your fundraising now to save time when the school year starts up and make your fundraisers smoother, easier, and more effective.
5 quick, great ways to get your fundraising rolling:
- Get a great team of energetic people. Having some fantastic people committed to the fundraiser will help lighten your load and brainstorm ideas. Meet up this summer for iced coffee. Delegate tasks—don’t try to do everything yourself!
- Identify your goals. Set your expectations and outline your timeline.
- Motivate your people. Let them know about the end goals and how to get there.
- Start planning early. If you have a great fundraiser that everyone likes (greeting cards, cookie dough etc.), then stick to it. If not, try something new. Brainstorm some ideas and get some resources and advice from experienced people.
- Communicate. Be sure to email, text message, or find some other way to communicate with your key people. Even if you do not plan to fundraise this summer, plan to maintain communication with your key people so no one feels left out or unneeded.
With just a couple of meetings and a few key people, you can accomplish so much this summer!
Fundraising is a team event that brings your school and students together. Start building a plan now, and your fundraiser will be smoother and easier down the road!